Sunday, August 9, 2009

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Several years ago when I first became interested in cooking I found a wonderful message board on The Nest called What's Cooking? Through this board I not only learned how to be a better cook, but I also met a bunch of incredibly wonderful women and formed friendships that went way beyond asking one another questions about baking times and swapping recipes. Still, I had no idea just how wonderful these women were until my babies were born.

Wanting to do something to help my family out, the ladies on the What's Cooking board created a Chip In web page for us where people could go to donate money. They posted the link on their cooking blogs and also created an adorable widget for their message board signatures that would direct people to the site. Their efforts paid off in an incredible way and today I received an amazingly generous check for the money collected from the site. I know Joe and I say this over and over, but it remains true -we are overwhelmed by the support, kindness and love we have been shown throughout our journey. We can't thank the ladies of What's Cooking? enough for organizing this for us. The money will make a huge difference! We also owe a big thank you to everyone who donated to the site. You have truly made our lives easier and we feel blessed to be receiving such an outpouring of support. Thank you, thank you, thank you from the bottom of our hearts!

5 comments:

Sarah - The Home Cook said...

Much love! :)

Courtney said...

Hooray! :)

Stephanie said...

It was our pleasure!

Dianna Hendricks said...

Brooke & Joe,

Congratulations to the Both of You!!!
I don't know you but a friend of mine, Colleen speaks of you when we do playdates. I cried when I saw you had your babies and happy to see they are doing so great. You guys are in my thougts even though I don't know you. Best Wishes to your family.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad there was something we could do! :)