Saturday, August 8, 2009

Baby Fashion

Yesterday, the girls got to wear shirts for the first time. Apparently, it was a huge success because today all three babies were dressed to the nines! Brooke's best friend Colleen sent the babies a few special preemie outfits back when they were born, and since we've acquired a couple other tiny outfits. As you can see from our pictures below, the nurses love to dress our kids!

As far as news is concerned, we're still doing well. Charlie remains on the BiPAP and sometimes he does great and sometimes he has episodes. Today was the first time that I can remember getting to hold him myself where he did great the whole time. He's eating 22 ml of breast milk and it's fortified with 26 extra calories, which is a little more than normal. Once he stabilizes a bit with his breathing, he'll be put on CPAP.

Annaleigh is by far the strongest. She's just over two weeks past surgery and she's eating as much as the others and growing like you wouldn't believe. She's increased her feedings from nothing just a week ago to 22 ml. Perhaps the quick increase explains the spit-up she had during her 3:00 feeding, which happened to occur while I was holding her.

Lily continues to be Lily. Her oxygen requirements were noticeably down by quite a bit today, which is always a good thing. Otherwise, all is the same with the Bug.

The babies are six weeks old today, and we're so proud of our little munchkins. We knew we would love them but we didn't know that love would be quite so all-consuming. They may be small and fragile but they are the greatest things that have ever happened to us and we couldn't be more excited to spend our lives with them!


Annaleigh couldn't look better.


Annaleigh just wants a hug. I can't wait to be able to give it to her!


Lily is happy to show off her pretty clothes.


Charlie was extra comfy today because he was snug in his new shirt.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

they are so beautiful, and getting so big!! it fills me with so much joy to see how well they're doing!!
nikki

The Madeira Triplets said...

The clothes are great! Our NICU had white tiny shirts that looked like something the jedi knights in Star Wars wore, LOL. We thought they were funny. We only began ot dress them right towards the end--we should have done it way before then! But if you think the blankets that they used smell good, boy, their clothes smell awesome. I loved taking the clothes home to be washed--they spent quite a bit of time with me before they were ever tossed in the washer!

Lauren said...

Your little fashionistas couldn't look better. And you can see their growth literally every day. They amaze me. :)

Anonymous said...

Yes - they are your life. Enjoy every single moment with those little ones and know now what you mean to your own parents and grandparents and AUNTIES... You look beautiful my little precious ones. Just beautiful.

All My Love, Auntie :) oxoxo

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe how the babies are growing and thriving!!! They are looking so healthy and really looking like they are putting on the pounds!!! It is unbelievable to watch them grow!!! I love looking at the blogs daily and seeing so many more good days! Here's to many, many more good days!!! I'm sure you will continue to get nothing but good news from the doctors! Enjoy all the time you have with them! They are beautiful babies!!!

Anonymous said...

Your little ones are so cute! I am so happy that they are doing so well. I will keep them and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

- Sarah

Courtney said...

Adorable! I love how Annaleigh is trying to get a hug. I can't get over how incredibly cute that is! I'm also so glad to read about how well they're doing. They're definitely little tough cookies. :)

Unknown said...

I am so glad to hear your little ones are doing well. They are in our prayers!