Thursday, July 23, 2009

Annaleigh is in surgery

Joe and I are currently sitting in the NICU waiting room waiting for our little Annaleigh to come out of surgery. This afternoon Annaleigh had gastrografin enema to search for the reason behind her GI issues. The dye that was inserted during the enema stopped in her small intestine, indicating that there is some type of blockage there. The doctors and surgeon decided that they needed to perform a laparotemy (which essentially means that they are opening up her abdomen)to find the source of the blockage and correct it immediately. It all happened very quickly. She had the enema around 3:00 and by 4:15 they had decided to operate today. Joe and I went with Annaleigh down to the operating floor, where we spoke to the anestehsiologist and surgeon. Annaleigh will be put back on the ventilator for the procedure and be given anesthesia, pain killers and a paralytic to ensure that she does not move during the operation. They expect the procedure to take about an hour. The surgeon was very positive about the outcome of the surgery so we are trying to be too. We were given several possible scenarios for what they might find, but right now we're trying not to think too much about any of them and just hoping that they find something that can be easily corrected with no logn term effects to our little girl.

We'll update again soon, and as always we'd appreciate any good thoughts and prayers you'd like to send our way.

34 comments:

Tobi said...

I'll definitely be keeping Annaleigh in my thoughts. I hope everything goes as well as possible.

Marcie said...

You are all in my thoughst right now-lots of prayers! -Marcie

Stephanie said...

My prayers are with Annaleigh!

HesseTwins.org.com.biz said...

You are all in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there sweetpea. You will be fine. We are all praying and rooting for you.

All My Love, Auntie :) xoxoxoo

nora said...

thinking of you two and little annaleigh..tons of prayers said

Anonymous said...

I'll be saying even extra prayers for you all today!!!!

Cheryl

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, definitely keeping your family in my thoughts.

Anonymous said...

Many prayers and vibes for all of you and especially for Annaleigh

Themikki said...

I'll definitely say an extra one for little Annaleigh tonight you two. *hugs*

Anonymous said...

She is definitely in my prayers as well as all of you.

Love,
Aunt Rhea

Unknown said...

My prayers for your sweet baby girl. I've been following your site since day 1 - and my triplets are also praying for your triplets.

White Toast with Butter said...

Praying here in Long Island. Will check for update before we go to bed. xoxoxo

Newman Family said...

You are in my thoughts.

D. said...

Sending lots of prayers your way.

Lauren said...

Good luck, pretty girl. We're all praying for you!

Jade said...

Brooke, I am sending thoughts and prayers your way.

Jenn said...

Sending many prayers your way, you have 3 little fighters on your hands, Annaleigh will pul through!

Linda and Matthew said...

Sending lots of good vibes to Annaleigh. Stay strong, little girl!

Amber said...

All of the prayers coming your way. We will keep all of you in our throughts tonight.

Amy L. said...

Sending prayers and wishing for strength for all of you.

mrsolsenk12 said...

GL Annaleigh! I really hope the surgery goes well and that they are able to correct the blockage.

Jen said...

prayers a plenty coming your way!

Anonymous said...

Sending tons of prayers and hugs your way!!

Stacey
Mom of GBB triplets
born 29w6d 6-18-08

Michelle MGD said...

Prayers for your family!

Patte said...

Our love and prayers - Patte & family

Kristi said...

I will keep yall in my thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

Praying for precious Annaleigh!
Sherry

Karol said...

I'm sending tons of prayers your way.

The Madeira Triplets said...

You all are in our thoughts and prayers...hoping so very much that this is minor. It's wonderful that the surgeon was very positive, and that the team is being proactive.

Anonymous said...

God Speed to Annaleigh.

Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Big hugs,
Rachel

Kayla said...

We're keeping you all in our prayers!

Lori (o: said...

Keep fighting little Annaleigh...

Abbey said...

I haven't commented before but I've been following your blog. I will say an extra prayer for Baby Annaleigh tonight. I wish your beautiful family all the best.