Sunday, October 30, 2011

Halloween Fun

Tomorrow is Halloween, and we are ready! We spent the past week doing lots of fun Halloween activities to get in the spirit. We started with a costume dress rehearsal. I present the Grinch and Cindy Lou Who.
Last Sunday morning Charlie started asking to bake cupcakes. I don't know why he had that idea in his head, but I had all the ingredients on hand so I figured why not. I dug out some Halloweeny decorations from my cabinets and let Charlie and Lily fancy up the cupcakes. Lily felt it best to dump all the sprinkles on just two cupcakes.Next up were paper plate jack-0-lanterns. Charlie and Lily painted their plates orange, then we glued on faces made from black construction paper.
We also made hand print bats.Then it was time for trick-or-treat practice. I wanted to make sure that Charlie and Lily knew what to do on Halloween, so I shut myself behind the basement door and told them to knock on it. Then I opened it and waited for them to say "trick-or-treat!" When they did, I put a Teddy Graham in their buckets. Needless to say, they caught on very quickly to this new game, and now whenever anyone goes in the basement they run to the door, knock and yell, "trick-or-treat!"
Yesterday it snowed! In New Jersey in October. Blah! We refused to let the wintery weather deter us from our Halloween activities though. I cleaned the snow off our pumpkins and we turned them in to Cookie Monster and Elmo.
On Thursday we attended Haunted High School at Joe's school. It was so cute - all the classrooms were done up with different activities. Charlie and Lily did a pumpkin craft, got Halloween tattoos, picked up some treats, decorated a cupcake and dug through hay in search of mini pumpkins. It was so much fun! We took our little pumpkins home and Charlie and Lily painted them yesterday. They love to paint!We're very excited for Halloween tomorrow! Hopefully we won't be trick-or-treating in boots and snowsuits...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love their costumes -- their pumpkins are great -- and their artwork is priceless -- Happy Halloween to all of you!

Love, Aunt Rhea & Uncle Larry