Saturday, January 8, 2011

Happy birthday, Daddy!

Today was Joe's birthday and Charlie and Lily were more than happy to help him celebrate! We started the day off nice and early with breakfast at Perkin's. Charlie and Lily loved their pancakes and breakfast potatoes, and Charlie really enjoyed the piece of bacon that came with his meal. When we got home, Charlie and Lily couldn't wait to give Joe the presents they'd gotten him.

And they couldn't wait to help him unwrap them.
In the evening, our families came over for a little party. Charlie and Lily insisted that everyone wear their party hats and be festive.

Joe wanted untraditional pies for his birthday, but they still got candles on them! Charlie and Lily both helped him blow them out.
Then they enjoyed some ice cream...they weren't too interested in the pie!
It was a really nice day!
Note to Joe from me: Happy birthday, baby! This is the 14th birthday of yours that I've celebrated with you, and I wouldn't have it any other way. You're the love of my life, my best friend and the most wonderful husband and father I ever could have dreamed of. I love you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy... Hey - better late than never... I hope the card got there in time...
All My Love, Auntie :) xoxoxoox