Saturday, December 17, 2011

Reindeer and Snowmen

As I mentioned in last week's post, I am totally dedicated to Christmas right now! So this week's "lesson" focused on two holiday staples: reindeer and snowmen. We made these awesome reindeer cookies using just Nutter Butters, some vanilla frosting, pretzels, M&Ms and chocolate chips. (Thank you again, Pinterest!) Truth be told, I did most of the reindeer assembly because Charlie and Lily were way more interested in trying to sneak chocolate chips and M&Ms when they thought I wasn't looking. At one point during this project I got a phone call, and while my back was turned for two seconds to pick up the phone they both shoved handfuls of candy into their mouths. I looked back to find them both slyly chewing with chocolate all around their mouths.
For art we made these snow globe snowmen. We used paper plates for the snowmen, then filled plastic baggies with sparkles and taped them to a cut-out in the center of the snowmen. Lily insisted on using the sparkles to decorate her snowman's hat too. (I got this idea from No Time for Flash Cards - I've said it before and I'll say it again: that is the BEST blog!)
We also made these reindeer hats. Lily LOVED her hat and wore it all afternoon. When Joe took the kids downstairs to play, Lily got a glimpse of herself in the mirror wearing that hat and stood there totally fascinated by it. We also watched Frosty the Snowman on TV and sang Frosty the Snowman and Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.
Charlie has become obsessed with buckles. He is always going over to his booster seat to buckle and unbuckle the straps. He loves all things mechanical.
He also loves a good cuddle! But I think I was actually enjoying it more :)

No comments: