Saturday, May 7, 2011

Weather and 1, 2, 3

We've had so much going on recently that I haven't had a chance to post about our last few lessons, so I wanted to catch up! A few weeks ago (4, maybe?!?!) we did weather week. We sang, "Mr. Golden Sun" and read the Sesame Street Book of Seasons. We also charted the weather for the week. Charlie and Lily really enjoyed putting the weather symbols on the chart each day.
For art, we made storm clouds. It was during this project that I learned that Charlie and Lily do NOT like things stuck to their hands, and glue and cotton balls together makes for lot of hand sticking.
After weather week we took two weeks off for Easter and our own little spring break. This week we were back in action, focusing on the numbers 1, 2, and 3. I created this little number game that I discovered on one of my very favorite blogs, No Time for Flash Cards. I wrote the numbers 1, 2 and 3 on several pieces of paper, folded the papers and put them into leftover plastic Easter eggs. Charlie and Lily then opened the eggs, unfolded the paper and then we talked about which number they had found. They both really liked this game, and Lily especially loved unfolding the paper. For art, we attempted a number garden, but it sort of turned into a mess. But we tried! We also sang "Mr. Alligator," which just may be one of Charlie and Lily's new favorite songs.
And now here's a glimpse at what else Charlie and Lily have been up to. Lily has been enjoying doing my hair for me. She likes to climb up on the couch to brush and play with my hair.


"Oh Mommy. You really must do something about these split ends!"

In fact, anything that involves climbing on the couches is a LOT of fun.

Good thing they're cute!


Charlie and Lily also like to color, but the activity usually evolves quickly into crayon-eating and coloring book-tearing.


Then there's this. I have no idea what this is either!
div>And anything involving stuff on people's heads, even hoods, is really, really funny.


So that's what our little Super Babies have been up recently ;)


4 comments:

Kelley said...

So glad to see that my toddler isn't the only one who does that weird headstand thing!

JoLynn said...

We did the weird headstand, too, but then it turned into a somersault! Give it a try and see if they catch on...

Laura Darling said...

The little boy I babysit does that head stand thing too!

Unknown said...

I call the headstand move a very loose form of "Downward Dog". Very cute!