Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day

Yesterday I celebrated a wonderful second Mother's Day. I am incredibly lucky to have a wonderful husband who always goes above and beyond on every holiday to make sure I have the most special day possible, and yesterday was no exception. The day started with a little present opening.

"Don't forget this card, Mommy! It's great!" Then Lily helped me open the quesadilla maker that I asked for. She even brought over her maracca for a little Mexican flair - ole! My other gift was a beautiful photo book called "Why We Love Our Mommy, Part II" (I recieved the original book last Mother's Day). It was full of pictures of me with Charlie and Lily plus a wonderful poem/story inside. So sweet!


"There's Lily, and there's Lily, and there's Lily..." After opening my presents I went to the gym, and when I got home Charlie and Lily were wearing these awesome shirts that Joe made for them. How great are these?
(I'm having problems with the picture of the back of Charlie's shirt, but I'll try to get one up soon.)


Joe even made a shirt for me too! The three of us wore our shirts all day and looked mighty fine, if I do say so myself.Later in the afternoon we went over to Grandma and Grandpa's for dinner (thanks for cooking, John and Bec, and for hosting, Anne!), then to Aunt Jill's for dessert with Crackers and Nana. Charlie and Lily helped me make these flower pots as gifts, and Joe got the beautiful flowers to put in them. I must say, these pots are sporting Charlie and Lily's best hand prints ever. I think they're finally catching on to all my little art projects ;)
All in all, it was a wonderful day. I am so thankful that I am able to celebrate Mother's Day as a mom, and am thankful that I have such an incredible husband who did so much to make it a special day. I'm also grateful for my own wonderful mother, who is also my best friend; my fantastic mother-in-law, who treats me like her own daughter; and my Nana, who has always been there for me. Love you all!

1 comment:

Tracey's Life said...

Happy Mother's Day Brooke - I love the flower pot gifts with Charlie and Lily's handprints. You are so super creative. Joe rocks out loud with his gifts!