Sunday, May 15, 2011

Insect Week

This week Charlie and Lily learned about insects. We read The Very Busy Spider and The Very Quiet Cricket and sang "The Itsy Bitsy Spider" and "The Ants Go Marching." Pop-Pop made us an Itsy Bitsy Spider video as well...I need to get it from Joe and see about posting it! We looked for bugs outside (we found a lot of gnats - ick!) and tried to learn the names of some different kinds of bugs. Charlie and Lily also played with pasta "worms." I boiled some thin spaghetti for them to touch and play with. Both of them currently have an aversion to the texture of pasta, so this activity was also aiming to work on overcoming that.

Lily didn't mind the feel of the pasta too much. And she enjoyed bringing it to Pop-Pop strand by strand. :)
Charlie was not a big fan. As soon as the "worms" started sticking to his hands he was over it!

For art we made colorful caterpillars. Charlie and Lily are doing a great job with their colors and can name and identify several. Purple and green are their favorites!


Lily has been in rare form recently. Talking up a storm and completely asserting herself. Here she is distracting Charlie as he was trying to finish his lunch (I don't think he minded though!).

And a shot of what it usually looks like when I try to eat breakfast in the mornings. Little mooches!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cooked pasta does feel kind of yucky... I miss my pumpkins...

All My Love, Auntie :) xoxoxoxo
P.S. Haven't been able to leave comments the last couple of times -could that be because I've been going on in the middle of the night? :) xoxoxoxo

Brooke said...

Linda - the Blogger website I use has been having some issues, so that's probably the problem!

We'll arrange a visit soon! Our weekends have just been SO busy - I'm sorry!