Sunday, February 6, 2011

Q and R Week (and a trip to the doctor)

This week Charlie and Lily learned about the letters Q and R. We read Quack, Quack and Little Red Hen and sang "Little Bunny Foo Foo." We worked on making the Q and R sounds and Charlie and Lily tried Rice Krispies for the first time. Charlie liked that he could crush them so nicely in his hands.
Lily didn't know what to make of them.... But she liked when I gave them to her in a bowl with milk.

For art we made queen Qs and rabbit Rs.
In other news, both Charlie and Lily came down with nasty colds and coughs this past week and I ended up bringing them to the pediatrician on Tuesday to have their coughs checked out. Lily was diagnosed with a cold but Charlie had mild bronchitis and earned himself a date with the nebulizer. He was not a happy camper about getting the treatment in the office, but he's been doing really great with it at home. Thankfully both babies stayed in great spirits even though they weren't feeling well - they're troopers!

We've been working a lot with getting Charlie and Lily to use forks and spoons at meals and they've been doing great. This week I introduced them to cereal and milk for the first time. Charlie spit his out, but Lily really enjoyed it.
Last Sunday Grandma and Grandpa came over to visit and we ordered Italian takeout for dinner. The food came in this big box, which was just the perfect size for Charlie and Lily.
Does anyone know why little kids do this? It cracks me up. We call this the Downward Bug.
I took this as a sign that Charlie needed a hair cut.
Much better!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG - I remember 'Little Bunny Foo Foo'... I loved the picture of Charlies hands on his hips and the one with the spiked hair - his cheeks are biteable in that one...

All My Love, Auntie :) xoxoxoxo

Becky said...

I know why they were doing the downward bug! haha..My babies do it too & I was told it's because I'm expecting another baby (which I am) :)
your kids are amazing!