Monday, March 15, 2010

Another roller!

Today Charlie finally did it - he rolled! He's been close for several days, and today he just put a little muscle behind it and rolled right over. Like Lily, he rolled from back to belly and hasn't yet figured out how to roll from belly to back. So, also like Lily, he rolls to his belly and then lays there and cries until I flip him back over. It looks like I am going to be spending a lot of time flipping babies. Lily still rolls to her belly every chance she gets, and once Charlie did it once today he kept doing it over and over again. I was thrilled to be able to see him do it for the first time. Both babies were on the play mat this afternoon and I could see that Charlie was so close to rolling over. I waited patiently and then - boom - over he went. I was so proud of him - I started clapping and cheering and jumping up and down, then I got down on the floor and started kissing him. Lily stared at me for a second, then rolled over herself and looked at me like, "Um yeah, I can do it too, remember?!?"

I've also been working with the babies on sitting up. I know they are still young for that, but inspired by my friend Sarah who has been "practicing" with her little girl, I started sitting Charlie and Lily up on the floor and seeing if they can remain unassisted at all. Today Charlie sat up on his own for about 10 seconds, which was awesome!

Yesterday Crackers came over to visit and put together Charlie and Lily's high chairs for us, so today Charlie and Lily ate their sweet potatoes while sitting in their new seats. They really seemed to like the chairs, and both of them ate their entire 1 tablespoon serving of sweet potatoes like champs! I think we'll do sweet potatoes for one more day, then try something else. Peas, maybe?

Charlie and Lily in their new high chairs, waiting for their food.
Charlie LOVES his jumperoo! He bounces so high and hard in it and grins so big.
And Lily loves her exersaucer. Notice the pink ball - we temporarily lost the red ball and had to replace it with a pink one (another cat toy). She seems to like it just as much, but I did eventually find the red one under the couch so now we have a back up!

5 comments:

JoLynn said...

Ooohhh...peas! My kids love peas. Be prepared for a different color in their diaper! While baby foods make peas as a stage 1, orange foods are easier to digest so we stuck with those first. Try the squash - they will love that, too!

If you are interested in venturing out and making the kids some food, let me know. It's load of fun!

Anonymous said...

I agree with JoLyn about the orange foods. Carrots are usually a big hit. Stick with the yellow and orange foods first.

Anonymous said...

Go Charlie... I knew you could do it... You just wanted to wait for that standing ovation... Great pics angels. I love the Lily smile and Mr. Pleasant...

All My Love, Auntie :) xoxoox

Mel said...

If you have a boppy, it's great to put around them while they are trying to sit. As my daughter got better at it, we would use that to help her out.

Anonymous said...

Wow look how big they look in their highchairs! Congrats Charlie on rolling over! That smile on Lily's face is priceless!