Sunday, December 13, 2009

Oh Christmas Tree

Christmas is coming, and we've been busy getting ready! Most of the presents have been bought (thank you, Internet!), the stockings are hung by the staircase with care. And yesterday we got out tree! We had originally planned to bring the babies with us, since we'd be outside, but it recently got SO freaking cold (I hate winter!) that there was no way we were going to bring them out in it. So Grandma Anne came over for a bit while Joe and I ran to the tree farm to pick out our tree. It was too cold to dally, but luckily we found the perfect Fraser Fir right away and claimed it as ours. In just a few minutes it was on the roof of our car and on its way home. After a little artful rearranging of furniture and baby gear, the tree was situated in the living room. We spent the afternoon stringing lights and hanging ornaments. Charlie and Lily really enjoyed watching me decorate, and they both helped a little when they could. Now we have a pretty, sparkling tree and it really feels like the holidays! Plus, there are sparkling lights everywhere you look! What more could Charlie ask for?

Not much else to report, which is good! Babies are both doing well. We've been spending our time playing, dancing and reading Christmas books. The other day I put in one of our Baby Einstein DVDs since Lily is always staring at the TV and both babies seemed to enjoy it. Of course, they'll stare at shadows on the wall for 2o minutes at a time, so who knows what they found interesting about it? But it beats indulging Lily's America's Next Top Model addiction all the time!

Lily is the star on the Christmas tree.
Ooooh, so very, very sparkly.
All ready for Santa!
These ornaments were a gift from blog reader Laura. Aren't they wonderful? I collect snowmen and love the S'mores characters. These are the sweetest addition to our tree yet. Thank you, Laura!
Our stockings, waiting to be filled!
Taking a break from decorating for a little snuggle.
Charlie and Lily helping out with some holiday baking. What is Lily smiling at? Her reflection in the oven door, I believe!
Charlie loves his time in the kitchen!
Charlie's revenge! After weeks of being a tasty snack for his sister, Charlie decided to give Lily a taste. Mmmm, Johnson's baby shampoo...

12 comments:

Lauren said...

LOVE these pics! They are getting so big. I just want to reach through my computer and squeeze the heck outta them. ;)

JoLynn said...

They are so cute! Looks like everyone is doing well. Charlie seems to be looking like Joe - anyone else agree?

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures! They are getting soooo big!! And I have to say, Brooke, I am so jealous of how amazing you look. I had my baby June 25, and the baby weight is going nowhere despite all the time I've been spending on the treadmill! You look great!!

Michele from FTHS said...

That pic of Brooke and Charlie is precious not to be outdone by Daddy and Lily pic!

Amy - Wash. DC said...

Love the pictures! Those smiles are little miracles!!

Just a little thing I wanted to point out for NEXT Christmas... a friend of mine has those same stocking holders, and last year, her young daughter reached up to grab the stocking and pull it down, which caused the stocking holder to give her little baby a horrible black eye and major scratch right by her eye. Don't want to scare you, and you won't need to think about it until Charlie and Lily are big enough to pull things down - I just warn all my friends about that incident!!

Anonymous said...

Christmas at your house will be extra fun & special this year!!! Charlie & Lily are just precious! Love the snowman smores ornaments!!

Kim said...

I love the family photo! And is Charlie's mouth open in the picture where he is staring at the tree?

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with JoLyn - Charlie is resembling Joe more and more. When they were little, I thought he looked just like Brooke, but he seems to be changing.

Johanna said...

Brooke and Joe,
I don't know you both, but a member from my twin club posted your blog on her blog a few months ago. I have been keeping up with your blog ever since. I was born and raised in (South) N.J. so I love it when you talked about Lucy the elephant,etc. I moved to Ohio after college, but all my family is still in N.J.
I just wanted to say, "Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!" You will love the holidays now that you have children to share them with. My twin boys just turned 4 yrs. old and the time goes by too quickly so enjoy every moment you have with your little miracles.

Johanna

Kristine McKowen said...

I can't believe how big the babies are getting!

Love the pictures - especially the one of Brooke and Charlie together - so cute!

Happy Holidays!

Laura said...

Merry Christmas! Love the pictures!

Anonymous said...

SANTA'S COMING.............

OMG Charlie Chunk you look so much like Daddy... But I have to say in that one picture of you and Mommy - you have Mommy's chin...
What a beautiful star you are Lily...

Be good or Santa won't stop by...
Make sure you take nice naps for Mommy and Daddy...

All My Love, Auntie :) xoxoxoox