Thursday, May 21, 2009

UPDATE #3

Hopefully, this will the be last time I have to post an update for everyone because...

BROOKE IS COMING HOME TOMORROW!!!! (assuming, of course, that no complications develop between now and then)

She woke up feeling much better today. The cramps were gone (ha! I luckily just caught a typo there-- I had originally written "the craps were gone," and I'm pretty sure Brooke would have murdered me if I had posted that) and she had some energy back. She ate breakfast and lunch, and by dinner time she was snacking on cookies, cakes, puddings, etc. Apparently, you can order multiple desserts with your dinner while at St. Peters Hospital.

There was another round of sonograms this morning and another check for contractions and the results of both were perfect. So far, no signs of any problems. Since the doctor said that the two weeks after surgery are the most important, we now have just twelve more days until we can relax (just a little). Why do I have a feeling that this is going to be a very long twelve days?

We passed the day chatting, playing a half-assed game of Monopoly, and visiting with Lauren, who was kind of enough to stop by the hospital despite being quite pregnant herself.

Thanks everyone!

6 comments:

Lauren said...

Hey, I would have played Monopoly. I could have been the hat. I love the hat.

Glad Brooke's "craps" are gone. Nice one.

YAY for coming home!

Patrick said...

Glad everything is going well :-)

Word-dropped SAL-PING-O-UUVER-ECTOMY today at work, just got a bunch of strange looks ...

Rhea Reimer said...

Glad to hear everything is going well. We are all keeping Brooke and the babies in our thoughts and prayers constantly!

Sarah - The Home Cook said...

I'm so glad to hear Brooke is doing well and that she's coming home today! Yay! :)

Staci said...

Thinking of you!!! Hooray for going home!

Anonymous said...

Yay! You have some strong babies! Thanks for the updates, I hope your twelve days can go as fast as possible! :-)